Today, we released a very important and timely episode of our new podcast, Beyond the Wrench. In this episode, Jay Goninen, talks with the CEO of Find A Wrench, Mark Wilson, about the recently approved stimulus package. In particular, they dive into the Paycheck Protection Program, which is going to be what most small businesses and shop owners care about.
Plus, they give an inside look at the new platform Find A Wrench is getting ready to launch! Shop owners and technicians — you don’t want to miss this!
You can listen to the full episode here, or check out our show notes from the episode below.
Beyond the Wrench: The Stimulus Package — What It Means For Small Businesses
What Shop Owners Should Know About the Paycheck Protection Program
Paycheck Protection Program
- Administered through banks — Work with your banking contact
- For small businesses — 500 employees or less
- Loan up to 2.5 times your average monthly payroll (up to $10 million)
- If you meet the criteria, the loan does not need to be paid back.
- Criteria is based on keeping people employed
- Application is now available – First businesses can apply starting April 3rd and there is a total cap on the program nationwide
New Platform For Shops & Technicians to Launch Soon
Why Top Shops Was Created
- Most qualified technicians are already employed, but 75% are open to new opportunities
- The challenge is shops have a hard time getting the attention of those technicians.
- Facebook pages and websites are primarily for the customers, like they should be.
- Job board postings all look the same and don’t provide enough information.
What Is Top Shops
- Built 100% for technicians
- Encourages shops to be transparent about their shop and what they offer technicians
- Centralized platform where technicians can browse profiles of top shops in their area and find the detailed information they really care about.
- Top shop profiles include:
- Information about the shop
- Photos and descriptions of the shop area
- Hiring process
- Work environment
- Career development
- Open positions
- Contact information